Each 4-hour block will include four games for each house. The freshmen will always play the first hour, sophomores second hour, juniors third hour and seniors the fourth hour. Example: When using the first game on this schedule, F – Flannan plays P – Patrick from 12 noon to 3 pm.
The freshmen will play at 12 noon, sophomores at 1 pm, juniors at 2 pm, and seniors at 3 pm. All games on this schedule (except tournament games) will be played in this fashion. A split four-hour block is specifically shown on the schedule.
The senior division of each House will have an opportunity to play the faculty team. These games will be played during the week in Shamrock Hall. All game dates and times will be announced on TTV. These games are for fun and will not count toward the league standings or house points.
Policies & Procedures
- Students should wear their colored “team t-shirt” in order to play in the games. No team t-shirt, no play!
- Each player will be assigned a numbered t-shirt. Students are to keep the same number for the duration of the season/tournament. Students who violate this rule will not be allowed to participate.
- T-shirts are not to be altered in any way or form. Students who violate this rule will not be allowed to participate.
- DO NOT LOSE your t-shirt. If you do, you will not be allowed to participate.
- Make sure your basketball or tennis shoes are clean before entering the gym. In the event of “wet” outside conditions, switch to tennis shoes once inside the gym.
- Games will consist of two 20-minute halves. The clock will run continuously until the last minute of the first half and the last five minutes of the game. The last minute of the first half and the last five minutes of the game will be played with a regulation-operated clock. If a team is winning by 20 or more points, the clock will run continuously.
- Each team will have one (1-minute) timeout per half.
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation, there will be a three-minute overtime period (regulation clock without timeouts).
- Five fouls and you are out of the game. Seven team fouls for the bonus, 10 for the double bonus.
- Teams must have five players present at the time of your game in order to play a regulation game. If not, your team will have to forfeit the game.
- Remember that students may “play up” in a league, but cannot “play down.” Four class members of the scheduled house team must be present in order to play. The maximum number of players on the floor at any time who are “playing up” cannot exceed two.
- There is no grace period! Two forfeits and your team is out of the post-season tournament.
- All players must be on the original team roster. If a team uses a player not on the roster, that team will forfeit the game.
The goal of the Trinity Intramural Sports Program is to provide opportunities for students to get involved in a competitive, but fun, atmosphere. It is to create friendships and camaraderie among all participants. This simple theme will hold everyone accountable for their actions.
- All students are expected to conduct themselves in an acceptable, sportsman-like manner. Students who behave otherwise will be dismissed and may be barred from future
intramural basketball games.
- Any inappropriate language is unacceptable! Students who use foul language will be ejected from the game and the team will receive a technical foul.
- Competitive play is encouraged. Dangerous, overly-aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Keep in mind the goal of intramural sports.
- Students should use the locker room to change into game uniforms and playing clothes.
- You are responsible for all of your things.
- Students waiting to play should gather at the locker room area of the gym, sign in, and wait for your turn to warm-up.
- Stay off the basketball court until it is your team’s time to warm-up and play.
- Your siblings, relatives, or friends are welcome to attend but are not allowed on the court before or after the game. This is a liability issue.
- “Street” shoes are not allowed on the playing surface; only clean tennis shoes or basketball shoes.
- The lobby restrooms are for guests and parents; students should use the restroom located in the gym area by the locker room.
- The gym lobby is not a place to “hang out” after or before your game.
- Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the gym or lobby area.
- Students are to enter the gym through the “PE” entrance and use the PE locker room to change into your playing clothes.
- Do not leave your things (valuables) in the locker room.
- Students are to meet in the stands opposite the lobby side, sign in, and wait for your team’s time to warm-up.
- If your team is not playing, do not go onto the floor to shoot around.
- No drinks (PowerAde, softdrinks, etc.) are allowed on the gym floor.
- In case of bad weather, Mr. Bryant and Mr. Chancellor will leave voice mail messages on their school phones as to whether the games are “on” or “called off.”
- Please call either of the phone numbers below concerning the status of the schedule for the day: Mr. Bryant 736-2182 Mr. Chancellor 736-8209
Masks Required Week of Dec. 13 We require masks to be worn while in school during the week of Dec. 13 based upon the very high number of Covid-19 cases we have relative to overall absenteeism. We will announce each Friday the mask policy for the next week. As we have...
Important Covid Announcement Dr. Rob Mullen Click here to read an important message which was emailed home to current parents today along with the Health Advisory we send when there is a case of Covid-19.
Masks Required Week of Dec 6 We will continue to require masks be worn while in school during the week of Dec. 6 based upon the number of Covid-19 cases we have relative to overall absenteeism. We will announce each Friday the mask policy for the next week. As we have...