- The procedures for applying for admission vary from one college to another, but the first step is to visit the admissions website at your college(s) of choice, 联系AG真人app下载专区代表, 和你的大学辅导员谈谈. Be aware there are early application deadlines for many institutions.
- Complete your own application and write your own essays. Application readers can tell when someone other than the student completed the work.
- 按照应用程序的所有说明进行操作. Keep in mind that institutions will not begin to review your application until all components are submitted. Institutions will have admissions checklists and timelines on their websites – follow these closely.
- Be sure you know the college’s testing requirements. 如果你不确定，问问你的辅导员. Some schools require that test scores be sent directly from the testing company to the college. If you do not remember where you had your scores sent, 检查你们的分数副本, 或者问问你的辅导员. The ACT gives you the ability to send your score to four schools for free, 如果你事先指明机构. 利用!
- 和你的辅导员谈谈你的计划. Early and frequent communication with your counselor is a benefit to you.
- Procedures for applying for financial aid vary from one college to another, 所以问问你的辅导员. In all cases, to be considered for aid, you must apply for it!
- Counselors can be most helpful to you if you make an effort to keep them informed of your interests, 需要, 和计划. 当你有问题的时候，就问.
- Remember to use the Trinity High School Code (CEEB)- 181-540.
- College websites and your college counselor are very useful tools. 利用可用资源!
父母建议 & Tricks for Navigating Your Son’s College Search
- Want to make sure colleges have the correct contact information? Does your student hate when he receives mail that has his name misspelled? 有一个简单的解决办法! Bring printed labels with the following information: full name (not a nickname), 通讯地址和电话号码, 高中和毕业那年, 生日, 和目的主要. Colleges are very impressed by this level of preparation!
- 至少准备一个问题. 而不是问“这是什么??” we suggest asking about something specific, such as “what makes your institution unique?”
- Start early – many students wait until their senior year to start their college search. We recommend attending college fairs starting in early junior year. This gives students ample time to make informed decisions about all of the educational opportunities available to them.
- Encourage your student to look at some places he may be unfamiliar with. If you feel like a school doesn’t have the program your student is seeking, just ask! You may be surprised by the information you learn, and keeping an open mind is extremely important.
- As a parent, we know that you want what is best for your son. 然而, 在寻找大学的过程中, 我们建议帮助你的儿子, but do not doing everything for him – be a guiding light. Having your son fill out his own application or asking questions to AG真人app下载专区 Counselors is a small, 然而,重要的, step in helping him become a responsible adult.
- 当你给机构发邮件时, 请让他们知道你是家长, 而不是像学生一样写作. The AG真人app下载专区 Counselors will really enjoy having conversations with you!
- A tip to relay to your son: be cautious of what you say and tweet! Colleges (and future employers) have social media, and can see what you do. We would hate for your student to jeopardize his future because of inappropriate social media activity.
- Allow your son to complete his own application. 然而, ensure your son inputs his given name, rather than a nickname. When students fill out their applications with nicknames, 匹配测试成绩, 成绩单, and other documents to the correct file can be tricky.
- 尽早填写申请! Let your son know that a complete application includes: the application, 申请费, 一份正式的高中成绩单, 以及官方的ACT或SAT成绩. Many institutions will also require an essay and / or a letter of recommendation. Be aware that applications are not reviewed until each required document has been received.
- If it has been a significant amount of time since your son completed his application, 鼓励他主动联系机构. AG真人app下载专区 Offices can check on application status and let you know if anything is missing.
- Encourage your student to pick the school that is best for him (and not to pick a school for a friend or significant other). By choosing the school that is the best fit for your son, 他会更倾向于参与其中, 在学术上表现良好, 坚持到毕业. 没有不好的学校，只有不适合的学校. 记住:你最了解你的儿子. Give him your thoughts on which institution might fit him best, but try to avoid dictating where he can or cannot go. It is important to let your student know that you will support him or her regardless of their decision. Your support, whether he shows it or not, means a lot to your son.
欲了解更多信息，请联系. Kerns (A-K)或Mr .. 曼宁(L-Z). (502) 895-9427.
12月12日周需要口罩. 13 We require masks to be worn while in school during the week of Dec. 13 based upon the very high number of Covid-19 cases we have relative to overall absenteeism. We will announce each Friday the mask policy for the next week. 正如我们所...
关于新冠肺炎的重要声明. 罗伯·马伦 Click here to read an important message which was emailed home to current parents today along with the Health Advisory we send when there is a case of Covid-19.
12月12日周需要口罩 6 We will continue to require masks be worn while in school during the week of Dec. 6 based upon the number of Covid-19 cases we have relative to overall absenteeism. We will announce each Friday the mask policy for the next week. 正如我们所...