New Campus Projects Announced
Dr. Rob Mullen
We are pleased to announce numerous campus projects that will make for a busy and an exciting 2022. We expect our students to grow and improve and that is the same mindset we have for our campus. We remain in a constant state of revitalization.
All our construction projects enhance the teaching and learning experience. This is true of the latest projects we will tackle in 2022:
- There will be a number of enhancements to our 9th science lab which is located along Sherrin Avenue. It already features our new greenhouse and has benefitted from some Eagle Scout projects.
- We will create two new flexible learning spaces in Sheehan Hall to be used by our Traditional Department and learning support program.
- We are planning for a new Admissions Office location and a freshman orientation center.
- We are devising a larger space for ongoing teacher professional development.
- We will remodel the cafeteria which will yield faster serving lines and more food choices.
- Numerous enhancements will take place in Marshall Stadium, including the area’s first high school video board for use by our digital media and communication classes. New chair back seats and a new playing surface will also be installed.
- We will build our 7th and largest courtyard between the visitor stands and Shamrock and Sheehan Halls. It will be used as a gathering space for classes plus alumni and campus events.
- We are adding a significant amount of parking to campus along with directional signage.
- We are looking to move the Campus Store and Athletic Office to larger and more convenient locations.
- A remodeled Business Office will improve service to students and parents.
We are also excited to announce that during 2022 we will begin to plan for a reimagined and remodeled Steinhauser Gymnasium, a new performing arts center and a campus service building.
All these projects are in addition to the more than $40 million invested in the campus in the past 20 years. The most recent projects have included:
- New College and Career Counseling Center, dedicated to the Class of 2020
- Reimagined and rebuilt W. Peter Flaig Library-Media Center
- New Gregory E. Brown Technology Center
- New 阀杆 lab (science, technology, engineering and math)
- New Walsh Family Chemistry lab (one of our nine science labs)
- New outdoor science lab with a greenhouse
- Renovated classrooms loaded with technology and state-of-the-art ventilation
- A renovated Charles H. Leis Academic Services Center
- Campus-wide wireless upgrade
- New Student Affairs Office and sick room
- New Esports Center
- New Trinity Baseball Stadium
- Four new courtyards
- Improvements to Shamrock Hall and R.W. Marshall Sports Center